The growth of digital world means music can be accessed via a range of channels, through a variety of platforms and played on numerous devices; as mobile phone apps or downloads, streamed on a social networking sites, featured in video games or broadcast as an advert or full-length feature film.FREE CONSULTATION
The Nigeria Music industry has also witnessed tremendous growth, dominating airplay in most of Africa and globally. The proliferation of such reputable music broadcast networks like MTV base Africa, Trace, soundcity and Channel O etc has greatly impacted on the growth of the industry and brought about a convergence of African music now popularly referred to as “afrobeats”.
This new environment has created both threats and opportunities that can either be protected or exploited. We represent and advise artists, publishers, record labels and producers etc.
- Structuring and drafting detailed distribution, licensing, label agreements
- Negotiation of the commercial and financial terms of record deals
- Structuring and drafting detailed recording agreements
- Business Affairs
- Expert advice on the commercial terms of management agreements
- Structuring and drafting detailed management agreements
- Management of the band’s assets (including its name)
- Changes in a band’s membership
- Negotiating endorsement, management contracts etc
- Litigation, Licensing and distribution of music online on the mobile environment
- Rights management and protection
- Licensing music into film, TV, video and computer games
- Performances and touring